Monday, May 14, 2007

To Boldly Go Where No Man[da] Has Gone Before

Hehe... did you get the play on words?... not that it matters, because NO ONE WATCHES STAR TREK APART FROM ME!!!... you're all mean and boring!!!

Anyway...
It both excites and saddens me to announce that I have finally finished the meagre 3 seasons of "The Original Series" of Star Trek. Yes great memories have been had, but now it is time for me to move on and continue my journey through space. I am pleased to say, that I am going to be shortly begining Star Trek: "The Next Generation" *insert echo here*
This is gong to be rather dificult for me. As you may well know, I have a strong conection with Kirk, Bones, and my dear Mr Spock. It will be hard to leave them, though I am excited none the less the be moving on. I will be adventuring with characters such asJean-Luc Picard, Geordi La Forge, Data, and WARF!!!... sweetness to the max!!! In next Gen Klingon's actually look like Klingon's... Isn't that fantastic!?!... Oh wait, I remeber now. No one cares because NO ONE WATCHES STAR TREK APART FROM ME!!! (hehe... lather, rinse, REPEAT!!)

[ Actually, I remeber talking to someone about Trills once... OK, own up]

Well must be off now. One last glance at the crew of the original Enterprise!!
Farewell Captain James T. Kirk ( T is for Tiberius... :P)



And Welcome Captain Jean-Luc Picard...



Live Long and Prosper

10 Comments:

Blogger Ascasewwen said...

I got the play on words! *jumps around excitedly* I win Tuesday!

*chuckles* Pleased to see I'm not the only one who can tell you what character's middle names are on various shows.

1:34 pm  
Blogger Amanda said...

hehe... :P
It's good you got the rather simple and pathetic play on words, even if you don't watch the awsomeness that is STAR TREK...

2:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manda, you need to talk to my mum. She is a fellow Trekkie

4:30 pm  
Blogger Amanda said...

Woohoo!!!... Trekky's forever!!

8:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There seems to be some conflict here as to whether the generally recognised name for Star Trek fans is spelt with an 'ie' or a 'y'. As in Trekkie or Trekky. Opinions please??

10:12 pm  
Blogger Amanda said...

Go to the Star Trek site. There is a link on my blog. I will also go there and double check my oppinion that it it is spelt "Trekky"... :)

10:21 pm  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hmmm... I was sure I was correct, though it does seem as if the most common spelling I can find on the net is "trekkie" the "ie" version.
I am not sure where I got the "y" spelling from. There must be good reason though, considering I have been spelling it the "y" way for quite some time now... Ten points for whoever can find where I found the "y" spelling!!

10:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But even if it is spelt Trekky, wouldn't the plural be Trekkies, not Trekky's?....hehe I'm such a teacher

7:48 pm  
Blogger Amanda said...

Yeah... hmmm. Tis an interestoing point you make. Anyway, I do believe that you spelling was correct in the first place, my dear daughter. I shall from now on spell it the "correct" way... (assuming that it's correct this time.

Now who's up for that ten points...???

9:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love Star Trek. I am, and always have been, a trekkie.
And in this case I agree with you, it took great effort to watch 'The Next Generation' (the Movie, that is) to kill Kirk was almost a travesty. That said, Warf is pretty cool.
If you have been keeping up with ‘Enterprise’ you will know that they explained away the old special effects with a viral infection that makes Klingons have some Human DNA, hence the smaller cranial ridges.

Qapla' (that is Klingon for goodby)
(Or perhaps you prefer NUQ DAQ YUJ DA'POL –- "where’s the chocolate?")

10:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home