Monday, September 04, 2006

Well worth the drive

Well, It's been nearly a week but I finally got around to posting abouty the CU social last thursday. If you want to laugh your head off, than I suggest reading Kate's post.

I finished my Beach Mission meeting last thurday night at 8:30pm and arrived at insomnia cafe at around 10pm...what happened inbetween you ask me...hmmm?? I'm a fairly new driver and It really doesnt help when every one is going to Pennant hills and you head to Turramurra...but nobody told me the change of location so that part is not my fault. (don't appologise Em, It's not your fault... Luv U Em!). From Turramurra I drove down Kissing Pnt Rd and headed for the Comanara Parkway (I know I cant spell). Some moron was riding my tail half the way... some people just want to die!! Basically the whole thing ended with Em and Matt walking across the station to get to me, parked in a Bar carpark, and Em and Matt directing me to parking from within my car...good times, good times!!

I love some of the CU guys. They are such Gentlemen!! The first thing that happens when I walk into the Cafe is A great welcome. Ben stood up and offered me his chair next to Katus. Katus then told me to ask Chris how dinner was. I did... hehe. supposedly something or "someone" was missing... again I direct you to Kate's Post.

I think Matt has pics of The whole evening...I suggest looking at them... hehe

14 Comments:

Blogger Ascasewwen said...

Poor Manda hehe. But was it worth coming in late to get such a reception from us all, plus one of Chris' famous 'Mr Collins' remarks to boot?

3:35 pm  
Blogger Amanda said...

Who is Mr Collins again?...Is he a Jane Austin Character...?
Whatever he is, Chris's rendition of him is somewhat ammusing!

6:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I am not sure that he'd appreciate being Mr Collins! Yes, Manda, he's in Pride and Prejudice.. lol! he he he!

Yes, they are gentlemenly as a group, aren't they?! Good at opening doors and giving up seats! :-)

I am so glad you made it to coffee in the end! LOVE YOU!

7:12 pm  
Blogger rainweb said...

WHO'S MR COLLINS???!!!HOW CAN YOU ASK SUCH A QUESTION???
luv nana

8:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he he he!!

9:28 pm  
Blogger Ascasewwen said...

Em: He knows, I told him on Thursday night that they are Mr Collins compliments. He wanted to know why I kept laughing at him. lol

Ask Jasmin and Nora (I think it was them) about their test of chivalry on NTE last year. They discovered that there was one chivalrous guy on NTE.

Ali: lol How did I know that question would offend you so much?

9:53 pm  
Blogger Amanda said...

OK...?

By the way who was the one chivalrous guy on NTE? I'm curious!

10:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blog about us and the AMAZING weekend you had spending time with the COOLEST people you know and hearing GREAT bible talks and being ENCOURAGED in your walk with Christ and...wait, that's what it was for me...what was it for you???? BLOG ABOUT US....we're special too and feeling very unloved right about NOW!!!!!

11:18 pm  
Blogger Eh? said...

Hey that test was rigged...

I can tell u about it and why it happened...

1:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I love our blogs!!

1:12 am  
Blogger Ascasewwen said...

It was not rigged! You guys were going to leave the two girls alone in the hall at night to find their own way home! What have you go to say to that, huh?!

lol Ah, fun memories. For those who weren't there, Jasmin and Nora decided to test the guys' chivalry one night and so neglected to mention that they'd teed up a lift back to their billets' houses. They wanted to see if any of the guys made sure they had a lift and were right to get back. A grand total of one guy thought to check that they had a lift, the rest would have just gone off and left them there in a church hall in the wilds of Katoomba!

(........... waits for Matt to dispute the above story with a lame attempt at defending himself.......... :-P hehe)

And Manda, the one chivalrous guy was Adrian. The rest failed the test miserably.

6:20 pm  
Blogger Eh? said...

Hey it was a long day and there were 4 of us playing ball then, so that's a proper excuse when you're tired and getting alot more tired...and with me, I had no idea what was going on at all so meh...

8:29 pm  
Blogger Eh? said...

What I was supposed to say was it was a timing rig...as in it was just at that time...

Besides, you guys were bored so it was sorta typical of you guys to think of something like that whilst waiting for the lift...

8:30 pm  
Blogger Ascasewwen said...

Excuse me, I had no part in this, I was long gone and I think, from memory, was dying back at Ron and Margaret's house. Being constantly on the go while sick caught up with me that night and I hit the wall, but to steal Em's metaphor it was a comfortable wall to hit.

10:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home