Friday, October 06, 2006

Choose your own adventure

Due to my current obsession with all things Tarnnish, I have decided to actually finish chapter 2 of my novel. Or at least a drafted version, which is better than nothing...

I think I have decided to cut straight from the informing of Royal selection to Tanya leaving for the Palace. I'm not sure yet if there'll be anything in between, but I'm gonna leave it out for now and see how it goes. Also, I'm still not sure what to write once she gets to the palace. As Katus knows I have an awsome decription of the palace as she approaches it, but from there on I'm just not sure.

Some ideas include; a banquet upon arrival, some elimination of prospects before the next chapter ("The Procession"), some classes/lessons in etiquet/fighing/magic/flying/etc... The problem is. There will be classes after the choices of Royals as the princes and princesses position is one of training. So maybe that should be kept to a minimal here. Also "The Procession" will be devoted mainly to the training tasks.

I don't know... I'd ask my readers for help, but I doubt any of you actually have any idea of what i'm talking about... except prehaps Sarah, and maybe Kate. Also if any random person reads this and feels like stealing idea's 1. don't!! 2. I really hope you don't understand what I'm talking about! 3. DON'T!!


I read through my prologue and chapter 1 today... I got so into it. So sad what happens to Kate...Not Katus Kate...lol (I'm gonna stop giving away plot now)

If anyone has any great ideas, even if just for Blog discussion, then go ahead and comment. I don't mind... ok. I'll start. What should be served at the banquet?... Discuss.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Em nods and smiles, pretending she knows exactly what Manda is talking about*

Sounds wonderful, darling! :-)

8:12 pm  
Blogger Ascasewwen said...

Dainty foods appropriate to Tarn... I can't see them hoeing into a medieval banquet.

The trouble with training etc is keeping it interesting, but I'm sure you'll manage.

*sigh* I need to start storyising again.

8:20 pm  
Blogger Amanda said...

you do...I like your stories.

I know they shouldn't hoe down food...but what food?

8:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exotic foods...like whole lobsters with exciting vegetables around them. I'm thinking a feature food, like pigs carcases were at medieval banquets (see above for my idea of feature food) but everything is light, not dark like medieval times were...how did they survive without electricity??? Anyway, and all the other foods will be also exotic, but in small sizes so they don't have to hoe into it as Kate so eloquently put it. Things like baguettes cut into little slices with smoked salmon, cream cheese and chives on top...like my mum makes for nibbles at Christmas!!!! And roast beef stuffed with sun dried tomatoes, olives etc. And exotic salads. And exciting spicy sushi things...let your imagination go WILD!!!! And if all else fails, make foods up!!!

11:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And with the training, keep it character based. People don't care that much what exactly they do minute by minute, just keep it vague and people will fill in the blanks. But you probably need to explore the fact that they DO training a bit...just keep it character based. And rave about her 'struggles' with new skills and how she overcomes them (Alana style, sword bigger than her etc.) Her struggles can't just be about Dearan (can't spell his name, sorry).

11:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, long posts :)

11:50 pm  
Blogger Amanda said...

Thank you!... nice. I think nibbles similar to what your mother makes at Christmas is good...lol. Also the training thing, yes, It is character based, but it will not be a big section. Not exactly sure what they do yet. I think it will e more an examination of their will, determination, power, decision making, etc...so thwey are looking for potential, not already standing skills...

Thanks for the input!

11:39 am  
Blogger Amanda said...

P.S., You did spell dearan's name correctly...

11:40 am  
Blogger rainweb said...

meats - roast anything spiced with something
vegetables...meh
fruits - exotic anything
desserts - frosted whatever
xa

9:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home